Wildey man “free to go”

admin

Jamar Ondrey Brewster walked into the District ‘A’ Magistrates Court this morning with two charges hanging over his head.

That wasn’t the case when he walked out though, as both of them were dismissed by Magistrate Kristie Cuffy-Sargeant.

The 35-year-old landscaper of Factory Avenue, Wildey Block 11B, looked up surprisingly when the magistrate told him he was free to go.

“You can go. Your charges have been dismissed,” Cuffy-Sargeant said.

“All two?” was Brewster’s shocked response.

The two charges, one of which dated back to 2013, were dismissed after Brewster changed his initial not-guilty pleas to guilty.

He had been charged with having cannabis in his possession on October 2, 2017, as well as robbing Ian Forbes of $875 on February 26, 2013.

Brewster told the court he had decided to change his plea due to some challenges he was facing at home.

He revealed to the magistrate that he had recently lost two brothers and explained that his mother had not been handling the situation well.

Cuffy-Sargeant extended the court’s leniency and reprimanded and discharged him on both charges.

The post Wildey man “free to go” appeared first on Barbados Today.

Next Post

Brother on remand for three weeks

A man who threatened to shoot his two sisters was remanded to jail over the weekend. Emmerson Dacosta Deane, 48, of #17 Magneta Drive, Todds, St George, will remain at the St Philip penal institution until December 14, when his matter will be transferred to the District ‘B’ Magistrates Court […]