Leading Workforce and Family Locator Applications Now Available for Central America Family and Enterprise Subscribers
ANNAPOLIS, Md., Oct. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ – TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS), a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology, announced today the deployment of TCS Family Locator™ and TCS Workforce Locator™ applications for wireless subscribers of Claro, a subsidiary of America Movil, S.A.B. de C.V. By leveraging TCS’ experience and award-winning, secure and easy-to-use location applications, Claro Central America will provide an additional value-added service to personal and business subscribers. Claro Central America is branding their locator applications as Localizame Familia and Localizame Empresa.
- Subscribers can access these services with both GPS- and non-GPS-enabled handsets.
- These locator applications seamlessly integrate with the operator’s network location infrastructure to support handsets without GPS.
- For even more precise location and to reduce network traffic, Claro Central America has deployed TCS’ patented XLSA agent which interacts directly with GPS-capable handsets.
- Claro Central America is initially offering their Localizame Familia and Localizame Empresa applications to subscribers in Guatemala with plans to expand service throughout Central America.
- A Frost & Sullivan award winner, TCS’ end-to-end location-based services (LBS) solution provides a comprehensive applications portfolio, mapping and data servers, a robust middleware platform, location servers that support coarse and precise location for GSM and CDMA devices, and LBS Assistance Data Services.
- Whether a family member is indoors or outside, TCS Family Locator enables families to stay connected using the latest in positioning technologies, including assisted GPS and network-based solutions.
- Via desktop, mobile application or SMS, subscribers can locate family members and receive detailed location information, including approximate address.
- TCS Family Locator allows users to pinpoint nearby points of interest and share details and directions with family and friends.
- TCS Family Locator also allows subscribers to be alerted of family member locations at predefined, scheduled times.
- TCS Workforce Locator provides greater control of mobile assets for organizations through an easy-to-use, cost-effective, web-based solution that locates specified employees, directs them to destinations and enables group communication via text messaging.
- With enhanced administrative controls, TCS Workforce Locator heightens visibility into mobile workforces, optimizes efficiency and improves response time while complying with privacy initiatives.
- Administrators can track workers on a predefined schedule or be alerted of arrivals and departures from administer-defined zones.
- Advanced features include enhanced security and the ability to delegate administrative management to field managers and regional offices.
TCS is a global leader in wireless LBS technology. It provides complete, end-to-end wireless LBS solutions that include branded and private-label applications, infrastructure, mapping and content for leading consumer brands, content providers, voice service providers and more than 70 customers worldwide. TCS developed the world’s first precise wireless location platform, and it is the industry’s leading provider of LBS infrastructure. Using innovative mobile cloud computing services, TCS offers top revenue-producing applications for navigation, hyper-local search, workforce tracking and family locators. For more information on TCS LBS services, visit http://www.telecomsys.com/products/location-based-services/apps/default.aspx
TCS Commercial Solutions Group President Jay Whitehurst said:
“Claro understands its subscribers’ need for trustworthy, secure applications and has taken a leadership role in helping both businesses and families. Using TCS applications, Claro continues to provide first-class service to their customers with Localizame Empresa for workers on the road and Localizame Familia to help families stay connected and protected.”
Carlos Rios, Central America Marketing Director, said:
“Many organizations are managing increasingly large mobile workforces and demanding a reliable mobile asset management solution that can be customized to their unique needs. Localizame Empresa enables organizations to conveniently locate and manage remote workers, thereby improving internal communication, efficiency, productivity, safety and security, while mitigating privacy concerns. Localizame Familia allows family users to quickly and conveniently locate and communicate with family members, as well as to easily share their location in a secure manner.
About Claro in Central America:
Claro is the only operator in the region that provides total solutions in wireless services, broadband access, cable TV and landlines, as well as the best rates and coverage in Central America.
AMX is the leading provider of wireless services in Latin America. As of June 30th, 2013, it had 328.8 million accesses.
About TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS) is a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology. TCS infrastructure forms the foundation for market leading solutions in E9-1-1, text messaging, commercial location and deployable wireless communications. TCS is at the forefront of new mobile cloud computing services providing wireless applications for navigation, hyper-local search, asset tracking, social applications and telematics. Millions of individuals around the world use TCS wireless apps as a fundamental part of their daily lives. Government agencies utilize TCS’ cyber security expertise, professional services, and highly secure deployable satellite solutions for mission-critical communications. Headquartered in Annapolis, MD, TCS maintains technical, service and sales offices around the world. To learn more about emerging and innovative wireless technologies, visit www.telecomsys.com.
Except for the historical information contained herein, this news release contains forward-looking statements as defined within Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. These statements are subject to risks and uncertainties and are based upon TCS’ current expectations and assumptions that if incorrect would cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated. Risks include those detailed from time to time in the Company’s SEC reports, including the report on Form 10-K year ended December 31, 2012 and on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended June 30, 2013.
Existing and prospective investors are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof. The Company undertakes no obligation to update or revise the information in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or circumstances, or otherwise.
Company Contact: Claro Contact: Media Contact: Investor Relations:
Meredith Allen Litza de Escoba Nadel Phelan Liolios Group, Inc.
410-295-1865 firstname.lastname@example.org Graham Sorkin Scott Liolios
MAllen@telecomsys.com 831-440-2406 email@example.com 949-574-3860